Park Interpreter & Education Staffer, Kalmar Nyckel Foundation (June 2021-present)
- Creating and implementing museum and park programs, aiding in education program delivery.
- Providing interpretation and management for Fort Christina National Historic Landmark.
Interpreter & Social Media Manager, Old Swedes Historic Site (July 2018-present)
- Giving tours of site and helping with programming; assisting with marketing, media, website, and administration; completing research for interpretive programs.
- Aiding Curator of Education with program development and delivery.
Graduate Assistant, Delaware Humanities (June 2020- May 2021)
- Aided with collections management, catalogued old grants, managed institutional memory.
- Completed research and found guests for A Matter of Facts (June-Aug. 2020).
E. Lyman Steward Intern, New Castle Historical Society (June 2020-Aug. 2020)
- Focus of internship: interpretation and programs.
- Developed Liberty and Intelligence: Secrets Are Afoot, an outdoor, self-guided, nontraditional tour to guide visitors around Historic New Castle while social distancing
- Created educational video series, New Castle Narrated.
Teaching Assistant, University of Delaware Department of History (Aug. 2019-May 2020)
Placements: Europe and the World I (fall 2019), East Asian Civilization: Japan (spring 2020).
- Attended classes, held office hours, assisted students, graded.
Team Member, University of Delaware Museum Studies SWAT Team (Jan. 2020)
- Cataloguing, organizing, and maintaining collections at Greenbank Mills & Philips Farm.
- Annual collections triage for small museums by the University of Delaware Museum Studies Program.
Museum Interpreter/Educator, Delaware Historical Society (Sept. 2018- Aug. 2019)
- Delivered and developed educational and outreach programs.
- Assisted in Research Library.
Visitor Services Associate, Brandywine River Museum of Art (Nov. 2018-Aug. 2019)
- Improved guest experience; assisted with admissions and retail sales.
Education Intern, Kalmar Nyckel Foundation (June 2018-Sept. 2018)
- Assisted with group education programs and oversaw creation of LEGO education program.
Peer Tutor, McDaniel College Writing Center (Aug. 2016-May 2018)
- Assisted fellow students face-to-face with writing and multimedia assignments in a fast-paced, diverse environment.
Classroom Assistant, McDaniel College Department of History (Aug. 2016-Dec. 2016)
- Created class discussion plans and steered discussion for "China's Troubled Waters," a history seminar course focused on Chinese environmental history.
Docent, Rockwood Museum & Park (Sept. 2018- June 2019)
- Led tours of site, helped visitors, and assisted with special events.
McDaniel Free Press (Sept. 2014-May 2018)
Editor-in-Chief (2016-2018), Multimedia Editor (2015-2018), Staff Reporter (2014-2015)
- Student newspaper of McDaniel College.
- Wrote articles, oversaw all visual materials, designed print issues, and managed the paper.
McDaniel College Gender & Sexuality Alliance (Sept. 2016-May 2018)
President (2017-2018), Member (2016-2018)
- Oversaw all club meetings, led advocacy and inclusion initiatives, ran social media, planned major events.
Member, McDaniel College SafeZone Committee (Sept. 2017-May 2018)
- Attended regular meetings to promote inclusion of LGBTQ+ students at McDaniel College.
- Researched gender-neutral housing options to promote inclusion of transgender students.
Band Member, McDaniel College Pep Band (Sept. 2016-Dec. 2017)
- Helped establish McDaniel College's first pep band in 50 years.
Club Member, McDaniel College History Club (Sept. 2014-Dec. 2017)
- Attended meetings, participated in history-related discussions and activities.
Contributor, Contrast Literary Magazine (May 2017)
- Published personal photography in the publication’s 2017 issue.
Hagley Museum & Library (June 2015- Nov. 2016)
E. I. du Pont Garden Assistant (2015)
- Completed various gardening tasks.
Social Media Team Member (2016)
- Created videos for museum website.
Presentation: "The Underground Railroad in Delaware" (2019)
- Bethany Beach, DE
- Prepared and delivered presentation at the South Coastal Library to an audience of 80 for the Delaware Historical Society.
Phi Alpha Theta Mid-Atlantic Conference (2018)
- Westminster, MD
- Presentation based on an abbreviated version of capstone project “The Humble Iron Painter: Literati Representations of Tang Peng and Tiehua in the Qing Dynasty.”
ASIANetwork Annual Conference (2017)
- Chicago, IL
- Conference focus: Digital and Beyond: Ways of Knowing Asia
- Participated in panel presentation “New Practices in Teaching Traditional Chinese Arts and Literature” based on summer 2016 research on iron painting (tiehua).
- Received Research & Creativity Grant from McDaniel College to fund conference experience.
Student Research Fellow, McDaniel College Department of History (2016 & 2017)
- Westminster, MD
- Summer 2017: “Seawalls and the Grand Canal in Qing China”
- Completed environmental history project focusing primarily on illustrations and construction techniques of the seawall in Hangzhou Bay, China, and the Grand Canal.
- Searched for, read, and tracked historical sources relating to the Hangzhou Bay seawall and proofread translations of sources.
- Summer 2016: “Digital Wuhu Iron Pictures (Tiehua)”
- Completed social and cultural history project analyzing the contexts of iron painting, native to Wuhu, Anhui Province, China.
- Maintained shared website showing examples of art as well as personal research blog.
Summer Research Showcase (2016 & 2017)
- McDaniel College (Westminster, MD)
- Poster sessions based on research from the summers of 2016 and 2017.
- Designed posters for groups to present, assembled research website for 2016 research, and organized findings into a presentable format.
Departmental Honors in History (May 2018)
- Recommended by the history faculty of McDaniel College.
- Recognition for excellence in history, including a minimum 3.5 grade point average in all history courses and presenting an academic paper at a history conference.
Global Fellow (April 2015-May 2018)
- Completed the Global Fellows Program at McDaniel College, a co-curricular global studies distinction.
- Earned through globally focused coursework, study abroad, workshops, and colloquia to master global thinking and cultural sensitivity.
- Assembled portfolio of global studies—presented at special event in April 2018.
- Study abroad experience: 2.5-week intensive study trip to Greece (Jan. 2017); 2.5-week intensive study trip to China (Jan. 2018).
Hugh Barnette Speir, Jr. Prize (May 2018)
- Awarded to the graduating history major at McDaniel College demonstrating the highest excellence in European history.
Western Maryland Norman E. Santorius Gift and Citation (May 2018)
- Awarded biennially to the student responsible for the greatest contribution to moral and spiritual uplift to the student body at McDaniel College.
James D. Essig Memorial Scholarship (March 2017)
- Awarded to a history major at McDaniel College with at least a 3.0 grade point average that demonstrates high academic and personal integrity.
President's List Honors (2016 & 2017)
- Recognition for students who attained a 4.0 grade point average for the previous academic year.
Academic Honor Societies
- Phi Beta Kappa, liberal arts & sciences
- Phi Sigma Iota, world language, literature, and culture
- Phi Alpha Theta, history
- Sigma Tau Delta, English language & literature