Assistant Director of Public Programs & Engagement, Kalmar Nyckel Foundation (June 2021-present)
- Developing, delivering, and growing education programs and public events.
- Writing grants and identifying potential sources of funding to aid in the offering of education programs.
- Managing Fort Christina Park and communicating with the State of Delaware and First State National Historical Park to ensure smooth site promotion and maintenance.
- Overseeing visitor services and making visitor experience improvements in Fort Christina Park and the Copeland Maritime Center.
- Expanding tourism connections and coordinating group tours.
Interpreter & Social Media Manager, Old Swedes Historic Site (July 2018-May 2021)
- Giving tours of site and helping with programming; assisting with marketing, media, website, and administration; completing research for interpretive programs.
- Aiding Curator of Education with program development and delivery.
Graduate Assistant, Delaware Humanities (June 2020- May 2021)
- Aided with collections management, catalogued old grants, managed institutional memory.
- Completed research and found guests for A Matter of Facts (June-Aug. 2020).
E. Lyman Steward Intern, New Castle Historical Society (June 2020-Aug. 2020)
- Focus of internship: interpretation and programs.
- Developed Liberty and Intelligence: Secrets Are Afoot, an outdoor, self-guided, nontraditional tour to guide visitors around Historic New Castle while social distancing
- Created educational video series, New Castle Narrated.
Teaching Assistant, University of Delaware Department of History (Aug. 2019-May 2020)
Placements: Europe and the World I (fall 2019), East Asian Civilization: Japan (spring 2020).
- Attended classes, held office hours, assisted students, graded.
Team Member, University of Delaware Museum Studies SWAT Team (Jan. 2020)
- Cataloguing, organizing, and maintaining collections at Greenbank Mills & Philips Farm.
- Annual collections triage for small museums by the University of Delaware Museum Studies Program.
Museum Interpreter/Educator, Delaware Historical Society (Sept. 2018- Aug. 2019)
- Delivered and developed educational and outreach programs.
- Assisted in Research Library.
Visitor Services Associate, Brandywine River Museum of Art (Nov. 2018-Aug. 2019)
- Improved guest experience; assisted with admissions and retail sales.
Education Intern, Kalmar Nyckel Foundation (June 2018-Sept. 2018)
- Assisted with group education programs and oversaw creation of LEGO education program.
Peer Tutor, McDaniel College Writing Center (Aug. 2016-May 2018)
- Assisted fellow students face-to-face with writing and multimedia assignments in a fast-paced, diverse environment.
Classroom Assistant, McDaniel College Department of History (Aug. 2016-Dec. 2016)
- Created class discussion plans and steered discussion for "China's Troubled Waters," a history seminar course focused on Chinese environmental history.
Board Member, Delaware Museum Association (Nov. ’21 – present)
- Monitoring the state of Delaware's museum industry and collaborating to provide helpful resources to museum professionals and institutions.
Docent, Rockwood Museum & Park (Sept. 2018- June 2019)
- Led tours of site, helped visitors, and assisted with special events.
McDaniel Free Press (Sept. 2014-May 2018)
Editor-in-Chief (2016-2018), Multimedia Editor (2015-2018), Staff Reporter (2014-2015)
- Student newspaper of McDaniel College.
- Wrote articles, oversaw all visual materials, designed print issues, and managed the paper.
McDaniel College Gender & Sexuality Alliance (Sept. 2016-May 2018)
President (2017-2018), Member (2016-2018)
- Oversaw all club meetings, led advocacy and inclusion initiatives, ran social media, planned major events.
Member, McDaniel College SafeZone Committee (Sept. 2017-May 2018)
- Attended regular meetings to promote inclusion of LGBTQ+ students at McDaniel College.
- Researched gender-neutral housing options to promote inclusion of transgender students.
Band Member, McDaniel College Pep Band (Sept. 2016-Dec. 2017)
- Helped establish McDaniel College's first pep band in 50 years.
Club Member, McDaniel College History Club (Sept. 2014-Dec. 2017)
- Attended meetings, participated in history-related discussions and activities.
Contributor, Contrast Literary Magazine (May 2017)
- Published personal photography in the publication’s 2017 issue.
Hagley Museum & Library (June 2015- Nov. 2016)
E. I. du Pont Garden Assistant (2015)
- Completed various gardening tasks.
Social Media Team Member (2016)
- Created videos for museum website.
Presentation: "Swedes and the Evolution of the Delaware Valley" (2022)
- Virtual presentation for volunteers and members of Pennsbury Manor, a historic site in Bucks County, PA.
- Spoke on the origins of a Swedish presence in the Delaware Valley, moving chronologically to modern day projects to interpret Swedish American history in the region.
Presentation: "'Their Own Best Interests': Swedes and the (Mis)Management of Glebe Lands in Wilmington, 1730-1760" (2022)
- Virtual presentation for Old Swedes Historic Site, a historic site in Wilmington, DE.
- Presented a condensed version of a research paper "'Their Own Best Interests': Swedes and the (Mis)Management of Glebe Lands in Wilmington, 1730-1760," shedding light on the history of Holy Trinity (Old Swedes) Church and the early history of Wilmington, DE, with an emphasis on land ownership, management, and development.
Presentation: "The Underground Railroad in Delaware" (2019)
- Bethany Beach, DE
- Prepared and delivered presentation at the South Coastal Library to an audience of 80 for the Delaware Historical Society.
Phi Alpha Theta Mid-Atlantic Conference (2018)
- Westminster, MD
- Presentation based on an abbreviated version of capstone project “The Humble Iron Painter: Literati Representations of Tang Peng and Tiehua in the Qing Dynasty.”
ASIANetwork Annual Conference (2017)
- Chicago, IL
- Conference focus: Digital and Beyond: Ways of Knowing Asia
- Participated in panel presentation “New Practices in Teaching Traditional Chinese Arts and Literature” based on summer 2016 research on iron painting (tiehua).
- Received Research & Creativity Grant from McDaniel College to fund conference experience.
Student Research Fellow, McDaniel College Department of History (2016 & 2017)
- Westminster, MD
- Summer 2017: “Seawalls and the Grand Canal in Qing China”
- Completed environmental history project focusing primarily on illustrations and construction techniques of the seawall in Hangzhou Bay, China, and the Grand Canal.
- Searched for, read, and tracked historical sources relating to the Hangzhou Bay seawall and proofread translations of sources.
- Summer 2016: “Digital Wuhu Iron Pictures (Tiehua)”
- Completed social and cultural history project analyzing the contexts of iron painting, native to Wuhu, Anhui Province, China.
- Maintained shared website showing examples of art as well as personal research blog.
Summer Research Showcase (2016 & 2017)
- McDaniel College (Westminster, MD)
- Poster sessions based on research from the summers of 2016 and 2017.
- Designed posters for groups to present, assembled research website for 2016 research, and organized findings into a presentable format.